What is the purpose of this policy?
- We are a data controller, which means we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use your personal data, and for explaining this clearly to you.
Information we may collect from & about you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on www.riskaware.co.uk (our site). This includes information provided to us at the time of downloading resources (such as brochures), requesting more information from us about our products or services, how we can work together or when applying for jobs through our website.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your visits to our site including, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
- IP addresses and cookies
- We may collect data about your computer including, your IP address, operating system and browser type and version, for system administration and to help improve our service. We make use of Google Analytics to track site usage and browsing actions, we don’t pass any personal data to Google but your IP address and browser data will be processed by Google Analytics. This data will be removed from Google Analytics after 12 months
Where we store your personal data
- Any personal data that you submit to us will be held on secure servers based within the European Economic Area (EEA).
- Our website is hosted by Amazon Web Services who have confirmed their compliance with the GDPR and are compliant with the CISPE, code of conduct for data protection.
With regards to transferring data outside of the EEA:
- We use Google Analytics to evaluate the performance of our site and improve the service we offer you. We may transfer data about you outside the EEA for this purpose. We will only do so where permitted by law.
- Google Analytics complies with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework as set out by the US Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal data from the European Union member countries. It is subject to enforcement by the Federal Trade Commission. Google, including Google Inc. and its wholly-owned US subsidiaries, has certified that it adheres to the relevant Privacy Shield Principles, including for Google Analytics. For more information about this protective measure, please visit the following: https://www.google.de/intl/en/policies/privacy/frameworks/
How we use your personal data
We use the data held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information or contact you regarding our products or services, how we can work together, or regarding a job you’ve applied for, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
Sharing your personal data
We share your data with third parties as follows:
- With any member of the Urtek Group (The Holding Company of Riskaware Ltd.).
- If we sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer of such business or assets.
- If we have a legal obligation to do so.
- For the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
If you object to our sharing or continuing to use your personal data with any specific third party please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Change of purpose
- We only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
- If we want to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
- We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent but only where this is required or permitted by law.
We have implemented:
- Appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way.
- Procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
You have the right to;
- Correct or update the personal data we hold about you, please email us at email@example.com
- Object to the processing of your personal data
- Request a copy of the personal data we hold about you
- Ask us to delete the data that we hold about you where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it
- Ask us to stop processing your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground
- Ask us to restrict how we use your personal data for a period of time if you claim that it is inaccurate and we want to verify the position or in some limited other circumstances
- Ask us to send your personal data to another organisation in a computer-readable format
- Complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you are unhappy with our use of your personal data. You can do this at https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/. Do contact us straight away if you consider that we are not handling your personal data properly so that we can try and resolve the problem.
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns
- Store information about your preferences to allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests
- Speed up your searches
- Recognise you when you return to our site
- You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
- We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. Google Analytics sets a cookie in order to evaluate visitors’ use of our site.
- Google stores the information collected by the cookie on servers in the United States. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
- For more information on Google Analytics please go to www.google.com/analytics
The Google Analytics library sets the following cookies:
|Cookie Name||Default Expiration Time||Description|
|__utmt||10 minutes||Used to throttle request rate|
|__utmc||End of browser session||Not used in ga.js. Set for interoperability within urchin.js. Historically, this cookie operated in conjunction with the __utmb cookie to determine whether the user was in a new session/visit.|
|__utmv||2 years from set/update||Used to store visitor- level custom variable data. This cookie is created when a developer uses the _setCustomVar method with a visitor level custom variable. This cookie was also used for the deprecated_setVar method. The cookie is updated everytime data is sent to Google Analytics.|
HubSpot sets the following cookies:
|Cookie Name||Default Expiration Time||Description|
|__hs_do_not_track||(Expires: 13 months)||This cookie can be set to prevent the tracking code from sending any information to HubSpot. Setting this cookie is different from opting out of cookies, as it still allows anonymized information to be sent to HubSpot.|
|hs_ab_test||(Expires: end of session)||This cookie is used to consistently serve visitors the same version of an A/B test page they’ve seen before.|
|<id>_key||When visiting a password-protected page, this cookie is set so future visits to the page from the same browser do not require login again. The cookie name is unique for each password-protected page.|
|(Expires: 30 minutes)||This cookie is used to determine and save whether the chat widget is open for future visits. It resets to re-close the widget after 30 minutes of inactivity.|
|hs-messages-hide-welcome-message||(Expires: 1 day)||This cookie is used to prevent the welcome message from appearing again for one day after it is dismissed.|
|__hsmem||(Expires: 1 year)||This cookie is set when visitors log in to a HubSpot-hosted site.|
|Consent Banner Cookies|
|__hstc||(Expires: 13 months)||The main cookie for tracking visitors. It contains the domain, utk, initial timestamp (first visit), last timestamp (last visit), current timestamp (this visit), and session number (increments for each subsequent session).|
|hubspotutk||(Expires: 13 months)||This cookie is used to keep track of a visitor’s identity. This cookie is passed to HubSpot on form submission and used when deduplicating contacts.|
|__hssc||(Expires: 30 min)||This cookie keeps track of sessions. This is used to determine if HubSpot should increment the session number and timestamps in the __hstc cookie. It contains the domain, viewCount (increments each pageView in a session), and session start timestamp.|
|__hssrc||(Expires: end of session)||Whenever HubSpot changes the session cookie, this cookie is also set to determine if the visitor has restarted their browser. If this cookie does not exist when HubSpot manages cookies, it is considered a new session.|
|messagesUtk||(Expires: 13 months)||This cookie is used to recognize visitors who chat with you via the messages tool. If the visitor leaves your site before they’re added as a contact, they will have this cookie associated with their browser. If you chat with a visitor who later returns to your site in the same cookied browser, the messages tool will load their conversation history.|
Riskaware Ltd. is a registered company in the UK (England and Wales) with Company Registration Number 3812608 and VAT Number GB 740 891 815. Our registered address is Riskaware, Whitefriars, Lewins Mead, Bristol, BS1 2NT.
Riskaware is part of the Urtek Holdings Group. Urtek Holdings Ltd. is a registered company in the UK (England and Wales) with Company Number 4378430 and VAT Number GB 811 363 657. Our registered address is C/O Riskaware, Whitefriars, Lewins Mead, Bristol, BS1 2NT.
Get In Touch
Are you looking for more information about Riskaware, our products or services?
Get in contact with us by filling out the form or call the office on +44 (0) 117 929 1058 and a member of our team would be happy to help.